Placement training plays a major role in shaping up the career goals of students. It is the dream of every engineering student to get placed in a top organization visiting their campus for recruitment. … Training of students and equipping them with life skills has become an important responsibility of the institution.
In simple words, a placement agency is an organisation or agency which connects candidates (fresher and experience) to employers (of companies looking for candidates to fill in their vacant positions). … Most of the placement agencies charge candidates for their services however there are some who provides job for free
The Broad Activities Undertaken by the Placement Cell are:
Formation of Students’ Placement Committees for final placement and also for getting industrial training and industry linked project work for students.
- Preparation of Placement Brochure for final placement.
- Pre-placement visits (PPV) to the companies.
- Communication, networking and relationship building with the potential recruiters
- Invitation to potential recruiters to visit the Institute.
- Continuation of placement activities after the stipulated period, till all the students are placed.
- Grooming and training of the candidates for the placements so that their chances of selection increase.
- General follow-up, joining formalities and other administrative activities.
College Placement Committee
The placement related activities, at the Institute, are carried out by Placement committee – it comprises of faculties from various departments of the institute. Student representatives from various branches who are in their final year are also appointed as committee members. The committee is headed by Director of the Institute and Manager Corporate Relations acts as a member secretary. The placement committee is usually formed in the month of July.
|Sr. No.||Academic Year||Name of the
|No. of students recruited||Minimum
|Average salary offered||Median salary offered|
|ICICI Bank||03||Rs. 15000/‐||RS. 15,000/‐||0||0|