|RDC AND TSC SELECTED CADETS FROM 2012 TO 2018|
|Certificate Pass Cadets|
The National Cadet Crops (NCC) has its genesis in the ‘University Corps,’ which was created under the Defense Act, 1917 with the object to make up the shortage of the Army. In 1920, when the Indian Territorial Act was passed, ‘University Corps’ was replaced by the ‘University Officer Training corps (UTC)’ in 1942, the UTC was renamed as organization at National level to train the young boys and girls to be better citizens and future leader of our great country in all walks of life, including Defense forces, was, rightly realized by our leaders. A committee under pandit HN kunzru was set up in 1946 at the bchest of our first prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The NCC came into existence on 16th July, 1948 under the NCC Act XXXVI of 1948 under the ministry of defense(MOD).
The motto of the NCC is ‘Unity and Discipline’ which was adopted on 23 Dec 1957 in living up to its motto, the NCC strives to be and is one of the greatest cohesive forces of our nation, bringing together the youth hailing from different parts of our country and mouldig the into united, secular and disciplined citizens of our nation.
Objectives Of NCC Discipline
- To develop character and Personality.
- To develop self-confidence.
- To build up physique and courage.
- To teach those subjects which will be useful during emergency and in day to day life.
Maj. Dr. Yashwantrao Doke
Head of NCC Dept. and Associate Professor
The aims of NCC as approved by MOD in mar 2001 are as under
- To develop character, comradeship discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and ideals of selfless service among the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized,trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always be available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.